- All Destinations
- Czech Republic
Passports and VisasPassport required for entry.
Health InformationNo vaccinations required for entry.
TimeEST + 6 hours
Electricity220 V, 50 Hz
Languages SpokenItalian is the official language.
Gratuity TipsService charges are included in your restaurant bill, so you are not expected to tip. It is common practice, however, to leave a small amount. In bars, Italians will usually leave any small change as a tip, but this is by no means obligatory. Tipping taxi drivers is not common practice, but your hotel porter will expect a little something.
Banks, Credit Cards, ATMsCredit cards are widely accepted in the city.
Clothing RequirementsLightweight cottons and linens are recommended during the summer months which can get hot. During the winter months, lightweight to mediumweights are worn in the south, while warmer clothes are worn in northern and central areas.
Tourism InformationVisit the official web site of the Italian Government Tourist Board for Italian Tourism.
Florence is the capital of the region of Tuscany, on Italy's north-west coast. A good reference point for navigating your way around Florence is its central train station, Santa Maria Novella, although the Duomo is pretty hard to miss. You can walk from one end of the city center to the other in about 30 minutes. There are plenty of tours available for tourists to learn about the city's amazing history and see breathtaking buildings found in courtyards you'd probably miss without a guide. Florence is a great place for honeymooners as the city's flair most definitely has a hint of romance in it.
Climate and Weather
Other Important Information
Destination Wedding Information
- For a civil marriage in Florence you should contact the Office for Marriages of the Municipality:
Room 3, mezzanine floor
Monday to Saturday from 8.30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Phone 055 2768370 or 055 2768299
Fax 055 2768377 or 055 2616715;
- The Ufficio Matrimoni must receive the necessary original documents at least 4 days before the wedding; for information only, documents can be sent previously to the Ufficio Matrimoni by fax
- The Mayor or the Mayor's representative, a City Councillor,has the power to marry
- If the bride and bridegroom cannot speak Italian, they will need an interpreter, with valid identity documents, both for the meeting with the officials of the Ufficio Matrimoni and for the wedding ceremony
- Two witnesses, with valid identity documents, will have to be present at the wedding, witnesses may be relatives of the couple
- The wedding date must be booked in advance
- The marriage tax for non residents is €516.45