South Africa Facts
Passports and VisasPassport required for entry.
Languages SpokenOfficial: Zulu, Xhosa, Afrikaans, English, Tswana, Sotho, Southern, Swati, South Ndebele
TimeEST + 7 hours
Health InformationNo vaccinations required for entry
Health InformationPrivate medical facilities are good in urban areas and in the vicinity of game parks. Please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regarding malaria and tuberculosis prevention and protection.
CurrencySouth African rand
CurrencySouth African rand (ZAR)
Gratuity TipsAirport porters generally receive R5 (South African Rand)
Tourism InformationAlways avoid ostentatious displays of expensive jewellery, cameras and other valuables
Taxes and VATSForeign tourists can have their VAT (value-added tax at 14%) refunded at the point of departure, provided they present their original tax invoices.
Banks, Credit Cards, ATMsMost major international credit cards such as American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and Visa are widely accepted. Most international traveller's cheques are accepted, however, it is advised that you bring them in a hard currency, such as US dollars or British Pounds. Currency can be exchanged at banks, forex bureaus and sometimes at hotels.
Whatever honeymooners dream to do, South Africa offers it all: cosmopolitan cities, romantic wine country, beautiful beaches with private villas, world-class wildlife safaris and vibrant cultures. Some popular destinations include Johannesburg, Cape Town, The Winelands, the southern coast and parks such as Table Mountain National Park, Kruger National Park, Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and iSimangaliso Wetland Park. A honeymoon in South Africa is sure to be full of adventure and new experiences.
South Africa Video
- The beautiful cosmopolitan city of Cape Town
- The romantic setting of the Cape Winelands
- The luxurious beaches of the Elephant Coast
- The unforgettable and unique train safari via Rovos Rail
- The breathtaking wildlife safaris in Kruger National Park Area
- The travel gateway of Johannesburg
- Day and evening driving safaris
- Great white shark safaris
- Bareback riding on the beach
- Spectacular self drive routes
- Whale watching
- Nightlife, shopping
Climate and Weather
- Spring: September, October, November
- Summer: December, January, February
- Fall: March, April May
- Winter: June, July, August